Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Do you prefer flowers or chocolate?"

I prefer flowers made of chocolate...

My favorite entries in R's blog are about desserts, so I'm going to steal her idea and post some photos of the most attractive desserts I've consumed recently.

At my work's holiday party in November they had several kinds of desserts, but the most beautiful (and tastiest) by far were the tulips: white and dark chocolate petals, chocolate mousse filling, and little dark chocolate spheres sprinkled on top.



Last week when I got to work this box of chocolates was sitting on my desk, a Christmas gift from my boss's boss, made by his wife. She makes candy as a hobby (although she's considering starting her own business) and periodically her husband brings in samples for us to try. I think he's trying to get us hooked...



...it's working...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my. How does she make the truffles look so neat?
Incidentally, this site here makes me feel that I could make incredible-looking desserts if I felt like it.
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/
That's probably not true, though.

jinglehorse said...

I think she must use some sort of mold. And that website has some really fancy-looking dessert. It did actually inspire me to try to make a cake for Mom's birthday. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out the way I hoped. I took a photo, but I don't know how to add it here, so I guess I'll have to create a post about it.

tina said...

Me too. Flowers made of chocolate-definitely! Can they be the French truffle kind too?

Congratulations on starting your blog. It is great fun and a great way to meet many new folks. Hope 2009 is your best ever.